Along with doing hair, I love spending time in the kitchen cooking up delightful vittles. Tonight's special was Corn Chowder, it's even vegan!
I always look around on the internet for a couple of recipes that inspire me. Here's the two I chose:
I know its not quite as exciting without photos... but here's what I did:
1 white onion
3 cans 341 ml (12oz.) corn nibblets (non GMO if you can)
1 can 400ml (14 oz.) coconut milk
3 cloves garlic minced and then smashed
1 jalapeño diced
3 cups water
2 T No Chicken Vegetarian Better than Bouillon
1 1/2 Cups (approx) chopped red potatoes
1 T lime juice
1 T sweet lime juice
1 T tapioca or corn starch
salt and pepper to taste
cilantro for garnish
1. Sauté onions until tender (about 5 mins) and then add garlic and jalapeños and potatoes and stir
2. Add water and bouillon and bring to a boil 10-12 mins until potatoes are tender
3. Now add coconut milk , 2 cans of corn and salt and pepper and return to boil for about a minute.
4. Use an emersion blender (or blend in your processor of choice) and blend until almost smooth.
5. Remove several tablespoons of soup to a small bowl and combine with starch until very smooth, add back to soup along with lime juice and the last can of corn. Simmer for 5 min.
6. ALL DONE! garnish with chopped cilantro
We will go to bed with full bellies and big smiles.